Privacy is one of our core values. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use data to provide our product and services.
Global Data Privacy
Zoom complies with global privacy frameworks. We have implemented data protection and privacy practices into our products and processes.
Zoom and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Zoom is committed to helping our users understand the rights and obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which took effect on May 25, 2018.
We have introduced tools and processes to ensure our compliance with requirements imposed by the GDPR and to help our customers comply as well.
To learn more about our GDPR compliance, please visit our Privacy Statement.
Enabling HIPAA, PIPEDA & PHIPA Compliance
Zoom’s solution and security architecture provides encryption and meeting access controls so data in transit cannot be intercepted.
Healthcare organizations should contact our sales teams to learn more about our solutions and how they can be configured to comply.
HIPAA Compliance Datasheet
PIPEDA/PHIPA Compliance Guide
Zoom and Privacy for Education
Zoom is committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of our users’ data. This includes supporting the compliance of our US customers in the K-12 and postsecondary education sectors with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
To learn more, please see our FERPA Guide.
Protecting Your Privacy
Zoom takes your privacy extremely seriously. Zoom collects and processes data as described in its Privacy Statement here.
- End-to-end encryption for your meetings: When enabled, Zoom’s end-to-end encryption ensures that communication between all meeting participants using Zoom clients in a given meeting is encrypted using cryptographic keys known only to the devices of those participants.
- Authentication: Zoom offers a range of authentication methods such as SAML, Google Sign-in and Facebook Login, and/or Password based which can be individually enabled/disabled for an account.
- 2-Factor authentication: Admins can enable 2FA for your users, requiring them to set up and use 2FA to access the Zoom web portal.
- Video preview: Before you join a meeting, you can preview your video and select a virtual background, or decide to join without video.
- Attendee notice of recording: Account admins or meeting hosts can require that all recordings of meetings are accompanied by a pop-up notice to attendees that a recording is taking place, and there is a visual indicator when recording is on. The recording notice will be shown to all guests outside the account's organization regardless of the setting.
- Zoom employee do not access customer meetings, audio, files or messages unless directed to do so by our customer (or required for legal or safety reasons).
- Zoom complies with all applicable privacy laws, rules, and regulations in the jurisdictions in which it operates, including the GDPR and the CCPA.
About Our Privacy Program
International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Silver Member
Zoom’s Privacy Team is responsible for the management and development of Zoom's external and internal privacy programs, ensuring compliance with US and international privacy regulations, and evaluating the privacy practices of our suppliers.
For more information, contact email@example.com.