Enhance Collaboration With Group Chat
Connect your teams and streamline communications with instant messages integrated into the Zoom platform
Modern workstreams for how you collaborate.
Powerful, secure, and seamless
Zoom Chat has a set of robust instant messaging features to anchor your Zoom communication platform across virtual meetings, cloud phone calls, software-connected rooms, and webinars.
Group chat that fits into your workflow
Our open platform allows external collaboration and integrations with the apps you use today.
Easy to manage and deploy
Centralized remote deployments, ongoing management, and an intuitive interface drive adoption while freeing up administration time.
Team chat with everything you need and the simplicity teams want.
Move seamlessly between communication modes
Within a chat channel or individual message thread, start a Zoom Phone call or virtual meeting with a single click.
Don’t lose progress just because the meeting has ended. Share your meeting recording, chat, or Zoom Room whiteboarding session to any Zoom Chat channel with just a few clicks.
Quickly find contacts, instant messages, and files, keeping knowledge and information at your fingertips.
Calendar integrations sync status and presence to show if someone is available to chat, busy, in a meeting, on mobile, desktop, or offline.
Chat tools to stay focused
Star your high-priority chat channels, contacts, or instant messages. Group your related chat channels in folders, pin can’t-miss messages for others, and set custom notifications to reduce noise and stay focused.
Security and archiving
To help keep your information and contacts secure and compliant, Zoom encrypts individual and group chat data at all times, has multi-factor authentication, SSO, and archives your data for up to 10 years.
Flexibility to collaborate across platforms
Connect your teams across different platforms with Mio
- Chat with Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx Teams or Slack users directly from Zoom Chat
- Search for colleagues on other chat platforms and invite them to Zoom Chat channels or send direct messages to them
- Zoom admins can manage users on different platforms like a native user on Zoom
Back your channels with cloud storage
- Store files, documents, and content with your existing cloud storage solution
- Create documents from a Zoom Chat channel
- Collaborate on files in real-time to increase productivity and stay proactive on projects
Intelligent design for both desktop and mobile
Zoom Chat keeps collaboration between mobile and desktop seamless and easy so that your teams can stay productive wherever they are.
- Invite internal and external participants to chat channels
- Instantly transition from individual and group chat to meetings
- Instant messages and shared content stay synced and searchable
- Intuitive interface makes adoption easy – even for non-technical users
Settings and notifications to organize your group chat experience
Customize your individual or group chat settings, notifications, and preferences to fit your needs.
- Get notified when a teammate is available to send messages
- Upload custom emojis and GIFs
- Organize your individual and group chat channels with folders
- Choose when to receive notifications from certain group chat channels
Group chat perfect for all departments and teams
Zoom Chat provides the tools to help every organization leverage the power of instant messaging communication to enhance team collaboration.
- Developers: Share code-snippets
- Sales: Integrate with leading CRMs
- Human Resources: Make hiring decisions faster
- Marketing: Collaborate on events and creative projects
In today’s complex environments, Zoom Chat makes it easy to manage groups, security restrictions, and users from one central place.
- Admin Chat Channel Management
- Content moderation
- Manage external users
Secure communication and data storage
We hold a high standard for data privacy and protection so your information stays safe and secure. Zoom is certified and compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as well as the following measures:
- SOC 2 Compliant
- TRUSTe certified
- Enables HIPAA, PIPEDA & PHIPA Compliance
- Single-sign-on via industry-standard authentication protocols
- Support for multi-factor authentication
- Encryption of data in transit and at rest
- End-to-end-encryption for desktop and mobile devices
- Archiving for up to 10 years plus integration with Smarsh and Global Relay
- Enhanced profile contact card with job title, department, extension, and more