Last Updated: April 18th, 2022
Welcome to Zoom Events. When used in these Terms, “Zoom,” “we,” “us,” or “our” refers to the Zoom entity with whom you are contracting in your Service Agreement (defined below).
In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and any terms contained in the Service Agreement or any Order Form governed by the Service Agreement, these Terms shall control to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict or inconsistency with respect to the Events Platform. The Events Platform is part of the Zoom “Services” as defined in the applicable Service Agreement. You
For clarity, these Terms do not apply to Zoom Meetings or Webinars that are not created, organized, hosted, posted, or managed using the Events Platform. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed in the applicable Service Agreement or Order Form.
If you are based within the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, additional terms apply to your use of the Events Platform (see Section 15 below).
- “Customer” means the party purchasing the Zoom Events License and referred to as “You” in the Zoom Terms of Service and Zoom Reseller Customer Terms of Service, “Customer” in a Master Subscription Agreement, or “Subscriber” in the Order Form (each, as applicable). Customer is also referred to in these Terms as “you” and “your.”
- “Event Host” means the Customer or its employee, agent, or others acting on Customer’s behalf that uses the Events Platform to create, organize, host, promote, manage, and list online events, performances, gatherings, or similar functions.
- “Event Participant” means Events Platform users that purchase or obtain tickets to attend an Event.
- “Service Agreement” means, with respect to customers who subscribe to the Services directly with Zoom, the Zoom Terms of Service (www.zoom.us/terms) or a Master Subscription Agreement (or equivalent service agreement) in the case where Customer and Zoom have entered into a separate mutually executed written service agreement; and, with respect to customers who subscribe to the Services indirectly through a Reseller, the Zoom Reseller Customer Terms of Service (https://explore.zoom.us/en/eula-terms-of-service/) or a written service agreement in the case where Customer and Zoom have entered into a separate mutually executed written service agreement.
- “User” means any user of the Events Platform, including Event Hosts, Event Participants, and others.
- Access and Scope of Services
- Zoom Events License. Zoom hereby grants to Customer a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, worldwide, revocable right and license for Customer to use the Events Platform, subject to these Terms, for the Initial Subscription Term and any Renewal Term and pricing as specified in the Order Form. Zoom reserves the right to enhance or modify features of the Events Platform, but, except as set forth herein, will not materially reduce the core functionality or discontinue the Events Platform without providing prior written notice to Customer. Customer will receive standard updates to the Zoom Events Platform that are made generally available by Zoom during the term specified in the Order Form. However, Zoom reserves the right to offer additional functionality or premium feature improvements for an additional cost, which may be purchased by Customer through Zoom or through Customer’s Reseller, if applicable. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Zoom and its licensors. Zoom also reserves the right to charge Customer or its Reseller additional fees, including services fees, commissions, royalties and/or ticket sale fees, but Zoom shall provide prior written notice of any such fees; provided, however, that any increases in per-license fees for Zoom Events subscriptions will be effective upon the commencement of Customer’s next Renewal Term.
- Access and Eligibility. To access the Events Platform, you must have a paid Meetings License and Zoom account in good standing. The Events Platform (and certain features thereof) is not available in all countries and Zoom reserves the right to restrict access based on your region.
- Independent Relationship. Your relationship with Zoom is limited to being an independent third-party, and not an employee, agent, joint venturer, franchisee, sales representative, or partner of Zoom for any reason. You agree that you act exclusively on your own behalf and for your own benefit, and not on behalf or for the benefit of Zoom. Zoom does not, and shall not be deemed to, direct or control you generally or your performance under these Terms or use of the Events Platform.
- No Guarantee of Availability. Zoom does not guarantee the uninterrupted availability or accessibility of the Events Platform. Zoom may limit or restrict the availability of all or part of the Events Platform or certain features thereof without notice to protect the security or integrity of the Events Platform, our servers, or to carry out maintenance for the Events Platform. Customer may elect to receive notifications of scheduled maintenance for the Events Platforms by subscribing to email notifications through Zoom’s Status webpage at https://status.zoom.us.
- Third-Party Links. The Events Platform may contain links to third-party websites or resources (“Third-Party Services”). Such Third-Party Services may be subject to different terms and conditions and privacy practices. Zoom is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such Third-Party Services, the content, products, or services available from such Third-Party Services, or their privacy practices. Links to such Third-Party Services are not an endorsement by Zoom of such Third-Party Services and use of such Third-Party Services is at your own risk.
- Your responsibility for Bystanders. Before using the Events Platform, you are responsible for telling anyone within range of your device’s camera or microphone that they may be seen and heard by Users and others at their location. If you permit any others to be within range of your device’s camera or microphone during an Event, you consent on their behalf, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to these Terms and the Zoom Events Privacy Statement.
- Modification of Terms. Zoom may modify these Terms at any time. When we make a material modification to these Terms, we will post the updated Terms on the Events Platform and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. We will also provide you with notice of material changes to these Terms at least thirty (30) days before the date they become effective. If Zoom’s modification to the Terms materially and adversely impacts Customer’s use of the Events Platform, Customer may terminate these Terms upon written notice to Zoom within 30 days of the email notification or else Customer’s right to terminate resulting from such modification will be automatically and irrevocably waived. In the event of termination pursuant to this Section 2.7, Customer’s use of the Events Platform shall also terminate and Zoom shall pay to Customer (or to Customer’s Reseller, as applicable) a pro-rata refund of the unused Zoom Event License fees reflecting the remainder of the current license term (Initial Subscription term or Renewal Term, as set forth in the Order Form) falling after the date of termination.
- User Content
- User Content. All content, such as information, data, images, video, audio, material, and/or graphics, set forth on or distributed through the Events Platform by a User, including Event listings and live Events, is known as “User Content.”
- Restrictions on User Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content and compliance with all laws pertaining to your User Content, including, but not limited to, any rights of privacy or publicity or any intellectual property laws requiring you to obtain licenses to use content owned by others, consent of a third-party to use the User Content or images, audio, and video contained therein, and to provide appropriate notices of third-party rights to the User Content. You further agree not to transmit any copyrighted content (including music) in connection with your use of the Events Platform unless you own and/or have obtained a license to all necessary rights in the content included in your User Content (e.g., any recorded music or musical compositions embodied in User Content), or the third-party content is in the public domain. You also agree not to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any User Content that violates the Zoom Community Standards or any other Zoom terms, standards, or policies applicable to the Events Platform.
- Zoom Use of User Content. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any other agreement between you and Zoom, by creating, uploading, posting, sending, receiving, storing, or otherwise making available any User Content on or through the Events Platform, you grant to Zoom, to the extent permitted by applicable law, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, revocable license to moderate, analyze, store, copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, publish, transmit, stream, and broadcast such User Content to provide the Events Platform service in a manner consistent with these Terms and the Zoom Events Privacy Statement and as otherwise directed by Customer.
- Ownership and Restrictions for User Content. Except as stated herein, Zoom does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content. Zoom, however, reserves the right to restrict how Users may use or exploit User Content, including, without limitation, by prohibiting Users from sharing User Content outside of the Events Platform, introducing technical limitations to prevent Users from copying User Content or using copyrighted content, declining to provide a shareable link for on-demand access to User Content stored in Zoom’s cloud, and by specifying how third-parties can view User Content on the Events Platform. For the sake of clarity, User Content also includes a recorded version of a previously live Event and a livestream directed to a third-party social media service.
- Removal of User Content. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Zoom may, without prior notice or liability to you, modify, remove, cancel, terminate, or disable any User Content, including Event listings or live Events as they are occurring, that Zoom reasonably determines (including based on User reports) to be in violation of applicable law, these Terms, or Zoom’s policies, or that otherwise may be harmful or objectionable to Zoom, its Users, or third parties, or to comply with applicable law or a court order, including in response to takedown requests made by entities claiming that their copyrighted content is being infringed. If Zoom cancels an Event pursuant to these Terms (1) Event Hosts may be required to refund ticket purchasers for any tickets or registrations purchased, irrespective of any preexisting cancellation or refund policies, and (2) Event Hosts will not be entitled to any compensation for any cancelled events, tickets, or registrations.
- Reporting User Content. You acknowledge that the Events Platform features enable Event Hosts to report inappropriate behavior during Events to Zoom’s Trust & Safety team for review, and that such features enable Event Hosts to take screenshots of any activity they can see during Events and submit them to Zoom. Zoom reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and review Event listings, Event reviews, and other User Content on the Events Platform, as well as any User reports of inappropriate behavior during Events, to ensure compliance with these Terms, the law, and to protect against harm to the safety, rights, or property of Users, Zoom, or others. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any other agreement between you and Zoom, Zoom further reserves the right to disclose any such User Content and other information to law enforcement or other governmental agencies as we believe reasonably necessary.
- Use of the Events Platform
- Events. Event Hosts are solely responsible for their Events and Event listings, including providing customer support. When creating an Event listing through the Events Platform you must: (1) provide complete and accurate information about your Event; (2) disclose any restrictions and requirements that may apply (such as proficiency, equipment, fitness requirements, etc.); and (3) provide any other pertinent information. For clarity, any restrictions contained in the Service Agreement that prohibit you from generating income from the Services does not apply to Events that you list on the Events Platform in accordance with these Terms.
- Event Tickets. When a User purchases a ticket or registers for an Event, including a free event, a contract is formed between that User and the Event Host with respect to the relevant Event. Zoom is not and does not become a party to or participant in any contractual relationship between Users, and Zoom is not acting as an agent for any User. Event Hosts are solely responsible for setting ticket prices for their Events. The number of tickets an Event Host may sell or provide for any given Event is determined by your Zoom Events License. Each Event ticket is a unique link that provides access to an Event for one User. Event Hosts and Event Participants may gift or provide tickets to other Users. There may be laws applicable to the issuing or sale of tickets in a User’s jurisdiction, including laws to limit scalping and other forms of secondary ticket sales. Users are responsible for compliance with any such laws, and Zoom will have no liability for any loss suffered by any person arising from the application of such laws to any Event tickets.
- Discount Codes. The Events Platform may allow you to create discount codes for tickets to your Events. Event Hosts are solely responsible for creating any discount codes that may be used to purchase an Event Ticket at a reduced price, and Event Hosts are responsible for ensuring that the terms governing the use of any such discount codes comply with all applicable laws.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations: Your use of the Events Platform must be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Prohibited Uses. In connection with your use of the Events Platform, you will not and will not assist or enable others to:
- breach or circumvent any applicable laws or regulations, agreements with third parties, third-party rights, these Terms, the Zoom Community Standards, the Service Agreement, or other applicable policies or rules;
- promote or further any criminal activity or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- use the Events Platform in a way that is deceptive, fraudulent, false, or misleading;
- copy, retain, or otherwise access or use any information, including personal data about any other User in any way that is inconsistent with these Terms, or your own applicable privacy policies, or that otherwise violates the privacy rights of Users or third parties, or applicable law;
- infringe, disparage, dilute, tarnish, or otherwise harm Zoom or any Zoom brand in any way;
- act in a way that adversely affects, or could adversely affect the performance, security, or proper functioning of the Events Platform;
- scrape, crawl, or use other automated or manual means or processes to access or collect data or other content from the Events Platform;
- rent, lease, resell, distribute, or use the Events Platform for any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by these Terms or in a manner that falsely implies Zoom endorsement, approval, partnership, or otherwise misleads others as to your relationship with Zoom;
- infringe any third-party intellectual property rights or enable such infringement using the Events Platform;
- copy, modify, translate, localize, port, or create derivatives of any part of the Events Platform;
- list or host Events directed or marketed towards individuals under the age of 18;
- use the Events Platform, or information obtained in connection with the Events Platform, in connection with the distribution of impermissible commercial messages, including “spam” or other forms of illegal solicitation or promotional communications;
- use the Events Platform in a way that, in Zoom’s sole discretion, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Events Platform, or may expose Zoom or any Users to harm or liability of any type.
- Hosting as a Team or Organization. You may add co-hosts, alternative hosts, sponsors, or other Users to your Event (including Conferences), or Zoom Events Hub or organization. When added, such Users may take actions on your behalf, such as creating Events, hosting Events, and modifying your Hub. You alone are responsible for choosing to add such Users and for the actions such Users take on your behalf. Zoom has no control over the conduct of other Users of the Events Platform, and disclaims all liability arising from or related to any agreement entered into between you and anyone that you invite to host Events with you or on your behalf, or to join your Zoom Events Hub, including acts or omissions, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Beta Features. Zoom may, from time to time, offer access to features or portions of the Events Platform that are classified as beta features. Access to and use of beta features may be subject to additional agreements. Zoom may use beta features for its own Events prior to release to other users. Zoom makes no representations that a beta feature will ever be made generally available and reserves the right to discontinue or modify a beta feature at any time without notice. Beta features are provided AS IS, may contain bugs, errors or other defects, and your use of a beta feature is at your sole risk.
- Payment Terms, Fees and Taxes
- Third-Party Payment Processing and Fees. Payment processing for the Events Platform, including for transactions between Event Hosts and ticket purchasers and collecting donations, will be performed by one or more third-party payment processors. Event Hosts must connect an eligible payment account with the payment processor to create Events with paid tickets. Your use of a payment processor will be subject to additional terms and conditions between you and the payment processor, which may include transaction fees. Zoom is not responsible or liable for a payment processor’s performance or any actions taken by a payment processor including without limitation, declining your transaction, holding your funds, or requesting additional information from you. Zoom merely facilitates such transactions by collecting information necessary to enable the payment processing and submitting it to the applicable payment processor. You may not use Stripe as a payment processor if your business appears on Stripe’s Restricted Businesses List.
- Taxes. Zoom will add to the ticket price any applicable transaction-based taxes or fees that are required to be collected from the ticket purchaser and remitted to any taxing or regulatory authorities, consistent with applicable law, related to the sale of tickets or registrations to your Event. As outlined in the Zoom Events VAT and GST FAQs, where Zoom is required to calculate Indirect Taxes on the full amount charged to the ticket purchaser, in accordance with the prevailing indirect tax legislation in the country of the participant, Zoom will determine, calculate and remit indirect taxes to the appropriate taxing or regulatory authorities in relation to ticket purchases. This tax will be deducted from the amount an Event Host receives once the Event has been completed. In all other cases, the Event Host is solely responsible for determining, calculating, and remitting all other taxes, including indirect taxes, to any taxing or regulatory authorities as required by law. Zoom reserves the right to update the Zoom Events VAT and GST FAQs at any time and without notice.
- Event Hosts located in Australia agree that Zoom, as an Electronic Distribution Platform, is responsible for determining, calculating, and remitting GST in relation to ticket purchases made by ticket purchasers deemed to be located in Australia for GST purposes.
- Event Hosts located in Canada agree that both the Event Host and Zoom jointly elect for Zoom, acting as agent for the purposes of Indirect Tax, to account for the GST/HST and QST in relation to ticket purchases made by Event Participants via Zoom Events (for the purposes of section, “the supply”) deemed to be located in Canada for GST/HST and QST purposes. Event Host and Zoom understand that both parties to this election are jointly and severally liable for certain GST/HST and QST obligations as specified under local laws. The effective date of the election begins on the date you agree to these Terms until it is jointly revoked by Zoom and Event Host.
- Refunds and Cancellations
- Refunds and Cancellations. Because all transactions (including those processed by a third-party payment processor) are between an Event Host and the respective ticket purchasers, Zoom is not responsible or liable for providing refunds for purchased tickets. The applicable cancellation and refund policy set by the Event Host for its Event is posted on the Event listing. If a ticket purchaser or Event Participant validly cancels a purchased ticket or registration that allows for refunds, or if an Event Host cancels an Event, the ticket price will be refunded to the ticket purchaser automatically. Unless otherwise agreed to by the Event Host or required by applicable law, Event Hosts are not required to honor any other form of cancellation or refund request (such as those outside the posted refund policy). The ticket purchaser may also seek a refund as allowed under a third-party payment processor’s terms and conditions. Refunds will be made to the original means of payment used for the initial transaction. In the event that a ticket is refunded (inside or outside the applicable refund period, or if the Event is cancelled by Zoom or the Event Host), the Event Host shall not be entitled to receive any reimbursement of the transaction or other fees charged by the third-party payment processor. The timing for any refund or reimbursement or for any pre-authorization to be released will vary based on the payment method used and any applicable payment system (e.g., Visa, MasterCard, etc.) or third-party payment processor rules. Event Hosts must maintain sufficient funds in their payment account associated with the Events Platform, including to process all refunds.
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ratings and Reviews. Event Participants may be able to submit a star rating (“Rating”) and/or write a review (“Review”) of Events they attend. Ratings and Reviews are User Content and reflect the opinions of individual Event Participants and do not reflect the opinion of Zoom. Ratings and Reviews are not verified by Zoom for accuracy and may be incorrect or misleading.
- Guidelines for Ratings and Reviews. Ratings and Reviews must be truthful and accurate and you may not manipulate the Ratings and Review system, including, but not limited to, by: (1) offering or accepting a monetary or other reward for submitting a Rating or Review; (2) submitting a Rating or Review for your own Event; (3) submitting an inaccurate Rating or Review for a competitor’s Event; or (4) instructing or requesting another User to submit a positive or negative Rating or Review about an Event Host or Event.
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement
If you are a copyright or trademark owner or an agent of a copyright or trademark owner and you believe that any content on the Events Platform infringes your copyright or trademark, you may submit a notice to Zoom using the “Report this listing” button at the bottom of an Event listing or by following the directions provided in Zoom’s Copyright (DMCA) and Trademark Takedowns page.
We welcome and encourage feedback and suggestions (“Feedback”) for the Events Platform. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any other agreement between you and Zoom, any Feedback you provide will be considered non-confidential and you hereby grant to Zoom a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use and/or incorporate such Feedback into any Zoom product or service (including the Events Platform) at any time.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE (TO US AND TO OTHERS) FOR YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE EVENTS PLATFORM. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE EVENTS PLATFORM AND YOUR HOSTING OF ANY EVENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY OR MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, LEGAL OR IMPLIED, ARISING OUT OF, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR WITH RESPECT TO ANY USER CONTENT OR EVENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE BACKGROUND OR QUALIFICATIONS OF ANY USER. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ZOOM OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACT, ERROR OR OMISSION BY ANY THIRD PARTY WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE EVENTS PLATFORM. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CHOICES YOU MAKE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY EVENT AND YOUR USE OF THE EVENTS PLATFORM.
Notwithstanding any indemnification provision in the Service Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Zoom, its Affiliates, its Resellers, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors, licensors, and suppliers harmless against any suits, demands, or claims and associated losses, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), damages, and liabilities, brought by a third party and arising from or relating to any infringement or violation by Customer (including its agents or employees or others acting on Customer’s behalf) of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity or applicable law.
- Term, Termination, and Suspension
- Term. These Terms shall take effect upon Customer’s acceptance of these Terms in an Order Form, and will remain in effect for the Initial Subscription Term and a Renewal Term as set forth in the Order Form. With respect to Customers who have subscribed to the Events Platform directly from Zoom, unless specified otherwise in the Order Form, a Renewal Term will commence automatically upon conclusion of the Initial Subscription Term or prior Renewal Term unless either party sends written notice of termination at least thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of the next Renewal Term. For clarity, for Customers who have subscribed to the Events Platform through a Reseller, the renewal terms of such subscription shall be addressed in the Reseller Customer Agreement.
- Termination by Either Party. Either party may terminate these Terms (and Customer’s use of the Events Platform) by providing written notice of termination for cause if the other party has materially breached these Terms and has not cured such breach within thirty (30) days of written notice of such breach. In the event your Zoom account is terminated or closed, these Terms and your use of the Events Platform shall terminate automatically.
- Suspension by Zoom. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Zoom may suspend or limit your use of the Events Platform at any time without liability or other obligation to you, in the event (1) we reasonably suspect that you may have violated these Terms, the Service Agreement, Zoom Community Standards, or other rules and policies set forth on or applicable to the Events Platform, or (2) your use of the Events Platform is adversely affecting the performance or operation of the Events Platform.
- Customer Termination Requirements. Prior to terminating these Terms, you must (1) remove all User Content, including cancelling all pending Events, if applicable, and (2) subsequently discontinue all use of the Events Platform.
- Effect of Termination. Termination of these Terms (and Customer’s use of the Events Platform) does not automatically terminate any other agreement you may have with Zoom or a Reseller (as applicable), including the Service Agreement. All sections of these Terms which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, payments and taxes (for transactions prior to termination), disclaimers, and indemnification. In no event will Zoom be liable for enforcement of termination or refund rights contained in these Terms between Customer and a Reseller.
- General Provisions
- Entire Agreement. These Terms, the Service Agreement, and any documents incorporated into these Terms by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Events Platform and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of these Terms.
- Severability. Each of the clauses of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- No Waiver. No failure by Zoom to enforce any of its rights related to the Events Platform or to a breach of these Terms will act as a waiver of such rights.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. Except as expressly stated herein, these Terms shall not confer any rights or remedies upon any third party.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the Choice of Law and Forum provisions in the Service Agreement.
- Contact Us. For questions, you may contact us at:
Customer Service Requests
Telephone number: 888.799.9666
THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “EU TERMS”) APPLY TO YOU ONLY IF YOU ARE BASED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, SWITZERLAND, OR THE UNITED KINGDOM.
- EU Terms
- Business Purposes Only. Zoom Events is intended to be used by Customers for business purposes only. Customer represents and warrants that it is entering into these Terms relating to its trade, business, craft, or profession.
- Sales Contract between the Event Host and Event Participant.
(a) When the Event Host sells or provides a ticket to an Event and an Event Participant purchases or registers for that Event and receives a confirmation email, this constitutes a legally binding agreement between the Event Host and Event Participant (the “Sales Contract”). Zoom is not a party to the Sales Contract and Zoom is not acting as an agent for the Event Host or any Event Participant.
(b) The Sales Contract requires that the Event Host provide the Event to the Event Participant as described in the Event listing. The terms of the Sales Contract shall include: (1) the information in the Event listing and the order process; and (2) the information set out in this Section 15 and any other provisions of these Terms relevant to the provision of the Event by the Event Host and the attendance of the Event by the Event Participant.
(c) The Sales Contract shall terminate: (1) if the Event Participant exercises a right to cancel in accordance with the cancellation policy specified in the Event listing; (2) when the Event has been fully delivered; or (3) when a party’s Zoom account is closed.
- Access to data. Event Hosts will have access to personal and other data generated through the use of the Events Platform, including personal data shared by Event Participants. Zoom may also make other aggregated information available to the Event Host. The Zoom Events Privacy Statement sets out the categories of personal data and other data we collect, how we use, process, disclose and retain it in connection with the Events Platform, and how Event Hosts can access it and exercise their data rights.
- Suspension by Zoom
Zoom may, without prior notice, suspend or limit your use of the Events Platform if:
(a) Zoom is subject to a legal or regulatory obligation which requires Zoom to terminate your access to all or part of the Events Platform;
(b) there is an imperative reason pursuant to applicable law;
(c) Zoom can demonstrate that you have repeatedly infringed these Terms; or
(d) Zoom reasonably believes that your account is or has been the subject of any fraudulent activity or money laundering (or any attempt at the same) or excessive amounts of chargebacks, whether or not such activity or attempted activity is due to the Event Host’s acts or omissions.
In such circumstances, Zoom will (except as provided below) provide the Event Host with a written statement of reasons. The Event Host may clarify the particular facts and circumstances which led to the Event Host’s account suspension or termination by using the internal complaints process set forth herein.
Zoom shall not provide the Event Host with a written statement of reasons where Zoom is subject to a legal or regulatory obligation not to provide the specific facts or circumstances or reference to the applicable ground or grounds, or where Zoom can demonstrate that the Event Host has repeatedly infringed these Terms, resulting in termination of the Event Host’s use of the Events Platform.
- Governing law and Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by Irish law. This means that your access to and use of the Events Platform and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Events Platform or these Terms (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by Irish law. Customer and Zoom agree that the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation.
- Internal complaints-handling process. Zoom has an internal complaint-handling system that is available to the Event Host free of charge. If you wish to make a complaint related to the Events Platform, please contact Zoom at:
Your complaint will be reviewed and forwarded to the appropriate internal resources to consider the concern you have raised in a commercially reasonable time and manner.
- Mediation. If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint by Zoom or if an agreement cannot be reached under Zoom’s complaint-handling mechanism, either party may apply to resolve a dispute under these Terms with mediation. Zoom has identified JAMS and the American Arbitration Association as institutions that can provide mediation services. Except as required by applicable law, mediation is voluntary and neither you nor Zoom are obliged to settle disputes through mediation.
- Conflicts. If these EU Terms apply to you, these EU Terms shall govern in the event of a conflict between these EU Terms and any other provision of the Terms.