Enterprise Business Phone Service
A cloud-based enterprise business phone service enables enterprise organizations to connect from anywhere and collaborate with agility. Discover the advanced features and enterprise versatility a cloud phone system can deliver to you and your teams.
01Enterprise business phone service for today’s organizations
02The benefits of cloud VoIP phones for enterprises
03Why cloud VoIP phones are superior to traditional landline phones
04Key features of cloud VoIP phones
05Zoom Phone for your enterprise business phone service
06Enterprise business phone service FAQ
Enterprise business phone service for today’s organizations
Cloud-based systems are an excellent choice for enterprise business phone service because they use Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology. VoIP allows you to make and receive calls over the internet, rather than through traditional phone providers.
In the last decade, millions of businesses have made the switch to VoIP because of the numerous benefits such technology provides. Enterprise VoIP solutions deliver integrated communications for the modern business world. Business VoIP systems are generally more affordable, easier to set up, and more flexible. But the main reason why companies switch to a business VoIP solution is to take advantage of the many advanced features these systems provide to a modern global enterprise.
Here are things to know about choosing the best business phone service for your organization.
The benefits of cloud VoIP phones for enterprises
Hosted cloud VoIP systems are more affordable to deploy than on-premises solutions, which often have extensive hardware costs and installation requirements. Because hosted cloud phones are maintained and managed by your VoIP provider, you don’t need a dedicated IT department with specialized knowledge and expertise.
Considering switching your enterprise business phone service? Here are a few reasons to choose a cloud phone system over a traditional, on-premises PBX system:
- Affordable plans at predictable rates
- Simple to scale and provision new users
- Reduced equipment costs and contracts
- Port existing business phone number(s) over
- Fast, easy phone system deployment
- Make calls from any device
- Comprehensive business phone features like call recording, caller ID, call routing, and more
- No IT expertise needed
- Integration with third-party software
- Make and receive calls using your existing internet connection
Additionally, moving your phone system to the cloud as part of a comprehensive UCaaS solution can provide additional enterprise business benefits. Unified communications enable you and your team to connect via phone, video conferencing, or chat on one streamlined platform so you can collaborate and communicate with customers via their preferred channel.
Why cloud VoIP phones are superior to traditional landline phones
Not only can a cloud phone system compete with traditional phone technology, it’s often better since it was developed for business in the age of the internet. Additionally, VoIP business phone systems come pre-stocked with additional unified communications tools (think video conferencing, chat, and SMS), modern features (caller ID, call recording, and more), and also integrate with your core enterprise applications, improving productivity.
Here are a few reasons why business VoIP phones are superior to traditional landline options for your enterprise business phone service:
|HD voice quality||Standard voice quality|
|Conduct calls from almost any device||Calling limited to traditional desktop phones|
|Low, predictable pricing||Higher costs, particularly for advanced systems|
|Calling, video conferencing, and SMS all on one platform||Limited to calling and conference calling only|
|Add users instantly, and with low costs||Number of users is limited by physical lines and expensive equipment|
|Intuitive apps and software for every major OS||No software or apps|
|Integration with popular business software and applications||No integrations|
Key features of cloud VoIP phones
There are numerous reasons enterprises across the globe choose cloud VoIP for their business phone service. With intuitive user experience and robust features, cloud-based business phone systems can help elevate your voice communications and free your teams from traditional desk phones.
Here are some of the key cloud business VoIP features to look for:
service for all your communication needs. Zoom’s built-in redundancy and resiliency throughout our
global co-located data center network ensure high call quality and consistent service of your
business phone system.
territories, with competitive and transparent international calling rates. Zoom Phone’s business
VoIP solutions also offer multinational organizations the opportunity to consolidate multiple
business phone systems into a single, unified platform.
employees can take business calls at the office, at home, or on vacation abroad – all with the
phone number. Managers can oversee global communications in the centralized administration
while CIOs and CFOs can rest easy knowing they have the best business phone service to keep
connected at a predictable price.
options so you can stay agile in an ever-evolving business environment. Bring
Your Own Carrier allows you to connect Zoom Phone with your current service provider to
avoid early termination fees, maintain your current call rates, and limit risk in porting over
volumes of numbers. And when you’re ready to migrate fully to Zoom Phone, you can keep your
network of co-located data centers providing global connectivity. Deploy and easily add new
and features as your business grows, and scale your hardware without committing to a large
investment through our Hardware as a
Service program. You can even add other services from the Zoom unified communications
SIP signaling and SRTP leveraging up to 256-bit AES-GCM encryption for real-time media.
operations, like Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Google G-Suite, and Slack; as well as contact
center solutions like Genesys, Five9, and Twilio Flex.
modern enterprise, and include features like call recording, caller ID, call routing, call
forwarding, and more.
Zoom Phone for your enterprise business phone service
Making the switch to a cloud business phone system has never been easier. The best business phone service provides the
powerful features, intuitive interface, and predictable pricing that agile, global organizations demand from their phone
service. Here’s more about how Zoom Phone can elevate your business phone service.
Predictable global calling plansMake business calls worldwide with transparent
international plans and pay-as-you-go options.
Secure solutionExperience unparalleled reliability and trusted
security with support for TLS 1.2 and 256-bit AES-GCM encryption, full geographically dispersed
redundancy, and up-to-date certifications that help enable SOC2 and HIPAA compliance.
Flexible migration optionsKeep your existing business phone system provider’s
contract, calling rates, and phone numbers, while enjoying all of Zoom Phone’s advanced features.
Seamless transition from call to meetingEasily elevate a standard business call into a group
video conferencing session with the click of a button.
Hardware as a service optionsProcure VoIP-compatible telephone hardware with no upfront costs.
The best business phone service helps to bridge the communication divide among remote and in-person team members and
actually empowers the hybrid workforce.
Ready to switch to a better business phone service?
Elevate your current business phone system. Contact our team to answer any questions and learn more about our VoIP phone system.
Enterprise business phone service FAQ
Cloud-based business phone systems provide the features and the flexibility for today’s modern enterprises. Zoom Phone can help businesses consolidate, simplify, and future-proof their communications systems in one straightforward transition. By combining voice, video conferencing, chat, and even SMS messaging into a single platform, Zoom Phone cuts down on unnecessary complications in your communications network.
For multinational firms, the benefits of an enterprise business phone service are even greater. By enabling companies to consolidate carriers and communications providers on a global scale, Zoom’s business phone system makes managing enterprise-level communications simple, seamless, and intuitive.
Yes. Zoom offers a Bring Your Own Carrier option for your business phone system. This allows firms to opt into a hybrid model, giving them access to all of Zoom Phone’s advanced features like call recording while allowing them to keep their existing provider’s contracts, calling rates, and phone numbers. This also allows for a more gradual transition to a fully cloud-based business phone system to fit each organization’s unique schedule.
Yes – Zoom Phone supports business phone number porting from your current provider. Our system makes it easy to migrate existing phone numbers, as well as procure new numbers. The specific process depends on your current provider. Our team can walk you through the porting process during signup.
Zoom Phone has scalable enterprise phone plans to fit any need and budget. Metered calling plans start from just $10 per user per month. Unlimited plans in North America start at just $15 per month per user. Pro Global Select plans start at $20 per month per user. Learn more on our pricing page, or contact Zoom Sales today to discuss your unique needs.
Transitioning from legacy PBX to an enterprise phone system is a multistep process. Our onboarding team can help make the transition easier, but here is an overview of the process that most firms will follow:
- Inventory & assess – Start by taking an inventory of existing hardware, existing business phone lines, number of employees, business locations, etc. You will also want to assess current bandwidth availability, and estimate how the transition to VoIP will affect connectivity speeds and bandwidth usage. It’s helpful to have a clear idea of what the current network looks like, and what needs the firm will have when transitioning to enterprise VoIP.
- Collaborate & estimate – On the enterprise level, a transition to a VoIP business line will likely require collaboration between several departments in the firm. To make the transition as smooth as possible, fully evaluate LAN or WAN reliability, bandwidth availability, network performance, and any other relevant factors, before migrating to enterprise VoIP.
- Contact sales – Once a firm’s current telephony network has been inventoried and assessed, it’s time to contact Zoom Phone Sales to purchase your business lines. For enterprise clients, we recommend contacting sales directly for help putting together a personalized transition plan for their business phone system.
- Port numbers – Next, the firm will need to begin the porting process to migrate existing phone numbers to the new VoIP provider. Zoom Phone Professional Services can help with this process, but typically the firm will need to contact their existing provider to begin porting their business lines.
- Procure hardware – In many cases, the next step will be to procure IP-enabled telephone hardware for your business phone system. Depending on the desired setup, this could include new desktop office phones, conference phones, or simple headsets for VoIP calls over office computers. For lower upfront costs, firms may consider utilizing Zoom Phone Hardware as a Service.
- Configure & customize – Working together with in-house IT and Zoom Phone’s support team, firms can move on to configure and customize their new business VoIP system. This includes configuring physical hardware and network components, as well as customizing virtual features of Zoom Phone.
- Schedule cutover – Once the new system is configured properly, you can schedule a cutover day for the full transition to business VoIP. Depending on the size of your organization and network requirements, this may take place immediately, or in a multi-phase process.
Our dedicated Enterprise Sales Team is here to help with your migration! If you have questions about making the transition from on-premises PBX to a cloud business phone service, contact us today.
Not necessarily. Zoom’s business phone system is compatible with select desktop office phones. Zoom also supports the use of “softphones,” meaning employees can make calls directly from their office computers using inexpensive headsets. Zoom Phone Hardware as a Service is another viable option that allows firms to order business phone hardware directly from Zoom, with virtually no upfront costs.